Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Fair Tax Fred?

Courtesy of Marc Ambinder at The Atlantic...

Mr. Leo Linbeck, Chairman
Americans for Fair Taxation
Dear Leo:
I’ve appreciated seeing the Fair Tax folks when I'm out on the road, as well as their enthusiasm when they've come to my events. Although I wish they’d get my good side when they roll their cameras!

My staff and I have been working with Americans for Fair Taxation for some time now. We share the same belief that the next President should enact a fundamental overhaul of the tax code that makes it fairer, simpler, and more pro-growth. There are a number of ways to do that, and over the years I've looked at many of them.

Congress must begin a serious consideration of real fundamental tax reform, rather than nibbling around the edges. I think the principles and ideas found in the Fair Tax are a good place to start, particularly given the grassroots support it enjoys across the country.
Good luck in Iowa this weekend!
Regards,
Fred Thompson

No comments: