Monday, August 13, 2007

Thompson OUT! (Tommy that is)

Bike riding Tommy Thompson has called it quits in the Race for the White House.


http://blog.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2007/08/thompsons_out.html

Tommy Thompson Is First Victim of Iowa Straw Poll
Former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson dropped out of the race for the 2008 GOP presidential nomination tonight, a day after he finished a disappointing sixth in the Ames Straw Poll in Iowa.
Tommy Thompson, the four-term governor of Wisconsin and Cabinet secretary in the Bush administration, pulled out of the Republican presidential race Sunday, a day after placing sixth in the Iowa GOP straw poll. (Getty Images)
"I have no regrets about running," Thompson said in a statement released by his campaign. "I felt my record as Governor of Wisconsin and Secretary of Health and Human Services gave me the experience I needed to serve as President, but I respect the decision of the voters."

No comments: